GP and nurse appointments can be booked online using Patient Access, Evergreen Life, by myGP App (Android, iOS) or by telephone using our automated ‘Patient Partner’ system 24 hours a day.
If you are not sure which type of appointment you need or have a specific question please call our reception team between 8am and 6.30pm Monday to Friday
Please note: If you are late for your appointment then you may be asked to rebook on another day.
- Routine GP appointments can be booked up to 6 weeks in advance. We encourage you to see the same doctor where possible for continuity of care. Most GP appointments are 10 minutes long so your GP may ask you to book a further appointment if you wish to deal with more than one medical problem.
- Same day GP appointments are released for booking from 8.00 am Monday to Friday. These appointments can be used for urgent or non-urgent medical problems.
- Telephone appointments can also be booked online or by telephone. They are convenient if you cannot attend the surgery in person. They can be used for telephone advice, follow-up or discussing test results. If a telephone appointment is not available with your doctor our reception team will ask your doctor to call you on their next working day.
Urgent medical problems may require a same day appointment. If no further appointments are available or you need telephone advice, our reception team will ask the on call doctor to call you. You may be given telephone advice, offered an emergency appointment or advised to go to A&E. Please call us rather than coming to the practice if you have an urgent medical problem, as we do not offer a walk-in service.
If you have a life-threatening emergency, please call for an emergency ambulance by dialling 999.
Nurse appointments should be booked for:
- Chronic health condition reviews: Asthma and COPD reviews, hypertension reviews
- Women’s health: Smear tests, vaginal swabs, contraceptive pill checks
- All Children’s vaccines, Adult vaccinations and injections (except flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccines which are done by our health care assistants)
- Travel vaccines
- Dressings, compression bandages, stitch removal
Health Care Assistant appointments should be booked for:
- Blood tests (adults only)
- Flu, pneumonia and shingles vaccines
- Blood pressure checks
- NHS Health Checks
- Spirometry (lung function test), ECG and 24 hour blood pressure monitoring
- Diabetes assessments (before seeing a GP for annual review)
- Smoking cessation clinics